Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hellions (2015)

Hellions. Do you like Halloween night survival mixed with some demon love child? This might be the movie for you. Directed by Bruce McDonald, of such soon to be classics as Weirdos, and Pontypool. Starring Chloe Rose as Dora and that's about it. Oh Terminator 2 and (the worst seasons of) X- Files star Robert Patrick decided to show up for a bit. That's about it too, a bit.

Right out the gate I noticed something was off with the lighting. I don't know what it was, but it was weird. It's like they shot stuff at 10 o'clock at night during things that take place at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and vice versa. Not sure what they were going for, but it threw me off. Okay, well Dora finds out she pregnant early on in the film and doesn't know what to do. It's Halloween night and should she stay in or go out? None of that really matters cause she slowly figures out she's going to  have a demon child. Lets party!! There's other things too; she eats a lot of pickles, there's a lot of her sitting around, more pickles and more sitting around, there's plenty of creepy kids in masks being creepy. I mean hell at one point I think a tornado breaks out in the house.

Well I really thought this movie was going to be worse, but it wasn't. It was surprisingly good. I wish there was more gore, I always want more gore though. I must say I thought the sound was really good too. A+ on the mood dude. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment